JOB TITLE : SENIOR PLAYER PATHWAY MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Initial 3 months to Managing Director (Richard Hudson) and thereafter to Head of Performance (Jason Harrison)
LOCATION: Hybrid/flexible when not delivering coaching or at meetings. Need to be in/move to commutable distance from Buckinghamshire.
CONTRACT TYPE Full-time, permanent. Requires weekend and evening work (with time in lieu taken)
SALARY RANGE £29,000-£32,000
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS A:
- Self-organised individual who can administrate and oversee schedules, the coaching team and selection processes
- Excellent communicator with parents, players, coaches and wider pathway stakeholders
- Highly skilled coach of County Age Group Cricketers – boys and girls U14-U18
This person will lead the Player Pathway at U14-18 to develop the best possible cricketers for Buckinghamshire, our partner professional clubs (Northants CCC and Southern Vipers) and embed our values of enjoyment, improvement, opportunity and long-term measures of success.
ABOUT BUCKS CRICKET
The purpose of Bucks Cricket is to create more, better and inclusive opportunities in cricket across Buckinghamshire. We are proud of our pathway – with five boys currently on the Northants CCC Academy and 3 girls on the Southern Vipers EPP. Bucks has 97 Cricket Clubs of which 50 have a junior section. Bucks has three large town/cities spread from north to south in the county: Milton Keynes, Aylesbury and High Wycombe.
- Manage and drive forward the County Boys & Girls Pathway from U14-U18.
This includes but not limited to training schedules, fixture programme, player selections and the coaching team (appointments and their ongoing development)
[Bucks Cricket runs squads at Boys U14 County & Development, U15, U16, U17 Development & U18, Girls U15 County & Development and Girls U18]
- Manage the Boys & Girls Emerging Players Programmes and the partnerships with professional academies, the Midweek Training Programme (Boys & Girls) and State School Hubs
- Lead Coach and Manager for 2-3 Pathway Squads including Boys U18 and Emerging Players Programmes for Boys and Girls.
As well as delivering high quality coaching to players, this includes liaising with parents, coaches, officials, clubs and setting up NVPlay camera for streaming
- Develop and update Player Development Plans, deliver video analysis and player feedback processes (including for unselected players), aligned to the Bucks Cricket Pathway Approach
Undertake administrative and any other related duties are as required to deliver the role
Support the promotion of Player Pathway activity by providing content for social media and website
- Serve as a role model - for the Bucks Cricket network, acting with integrity and impartiality and communicating with transparency.
Drive their own personal development and support those around them to do the same.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- The post holder will be supported by the Bucks Cricket Operations Administrator to organise the programme and communicate with parents, coaches etc
- All Bucks Cricket Staff (particularly Head of Performance and Junior Pathway Manager) and Pathway Coaches
- Northants CCC, Southern Vipers and ECB National Talent Managers
- ECB Coach: Level 3 or 4, but may consider an outstanding Level 2 ready to progress onto L3
- Experience of coaching on a county player pathway (or equivalent)
- Highly effective coach of both teenage male and female cricketers
- Excellent organisation, administration (e.g. Excel) and communication skills
- Work weekends and evenings to deliver coaching – term-time requires almost every Sundays and minimum 2 evenings a week; School Holidays is predominantly daytime/gametime delivery
- Has a clear understanding of what qualities and characteristics are required to become a successful cricketer and the programmes required to develop as strong a player pool as possible
- Proactive self-starter who can build strong professional relationships
- A knowledge and interest in the game at all levels – school, club, county and professional cricket
- Wants to make a performance difference to young players and can build healthy and happy long term coaching relationships with young players and their parents
- Can adapt to the demands of a cricket performance programme throughout winter and summer
- An enthusiasm for learning and personal growth
- Able to work (plan, organise, take meetings) independently and collaborate with the Bucks Cricket staff
- Act with integrity and impartiality at all times and has diplomatic skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Hold ECB Coaching Certificate (or equivalent), DBS certificate, First Aid and Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- Ability to travel independently and use of own car
- Has the right to visa-free work in the UK
- 25 days annual leave per annum (includes break between Christmas and New Year’s) plus bank holidays
- 45p per mile expenses (from nearest Bucks Cricket Club if based outside the county)
- 5% company pension scheme
- Laptop and tablet provided
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Option to deliver on Bucks ECB Coach Development programmes (if/when tutor qualified)
Please download and complete the application form and submit it to Bucks Cricket Managing Director, Rich Hudson email@example.com
The closing date is midnight on Sunday 23rd April 2023.
Interviews will take place on the w/c 1st May 2023
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE